Re: [Phys-l] Newton and Snell (was Global evolution as fact)

_____

From: Kyle Forinash [mailto:kforinas@ius.edu]
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Sent: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:04:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Newton and Snell (was Global evolution as fact)

Hi Paul;

Newton's laws also don't work for fast moving objects (relativity) nor apply to subatomic particles.
Really? Which law fails? Is there an experiment that you can point to? Maybe I'm thinking of something other than the intent, but it was my understanding that collisions between tiny particles were the best elastic collisions that you can get, which requires adherence to N's laws. If you're referring to the fuzziness of position and momentum, etc., then I guess that I agree. :) Is that what you're talking about? If not, tell me about some cool violations of N's laws!

jg

--
Joshua Gates
Physics Faculty