From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of John Denker [jsd@av8n.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 2:14 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Global Evolution as fact

On 01/10/2011 10:25 AM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

Is what you just posted a "theory" or a "fact"?

The question is both foolish and offensive.

Nobody with any sense cares whether it is a theory or a fact. What
matters is the evidence.

The evidence for evolution -- including speciation -- is overwhelming.

Asking whether it is a "theory" or a "fact" is just a sly way of
saying you don't believe the evidence.

If you have evidence to the contrary, show us your evidence.

It is a nasty made-up issue, made up by people who are very smart and
very adept at raising money off such issues. These are by-and-large
the same people who raise money by sending out mass mailings showing
Gabby Giffords in their crosshairs.