Re: [Phys-l] Global Evolution as fact

On 1/8/2011 10:28 PM, Hugh Haskell wrote:

/snip/ Evolution is not a fact. /snip/

Hugh
I assert that Evolution is a fact: several facts, in fact.
Take geological morphology for instance.
I assert that rock morphology evolves.

Forget huge mountains reduced to sand - true though that may be.
Go look in a cemetery with head-stones.

Relate the rounding of carved lettering with the date mentioned
on headstones.
Who will argue that rock morphology does not evolve, in fact?
(I hear that there is a theory that rocks evolve by Natural Erosion
- by rain and wind. But another theory asserts that moisture
imbibed in rock faces, freezes, splitting shards out.)

Brian W