Re: [Phys-l] How many solar flare events each year?

From: WC Maddox

If you have a lot of spare time visit Australia and search this web site: http://www.ips.gov.au/index.php.
Search the site for monthly summaries like this:

10 CM SUNSPOT SUNSPOT AUST AUST *No of*
FLUX NUMBER NUMBER A-INDEX T INDEX *FLARES*
Monthly Monthly Yearly Monthly Monthly >M1.0
Month Average Average Average Average Average
Nov 02 168.7 95.0 85.3 14.5 121.1 11
Dec 02 157.2 81.6 82.1 13.0 124.5 10
Jan 03 144.0 79.5 81.0 12.9 111.6 7
Feb 03 125.0 46.2 78.6 15.7 95.5 3