Re: [Phys-l] [BULK] Re: "The Truth Wears Off" by Jonah Lehrer in The New Yorker Dec 13, 2010.

As long as you persist in arguing broad abstractions, I shall feel juatified in insisting that I don't know what the hell you are talking about. I am experienced in the art of edxplaining experimental results that are later retracted by the experimenters (happened to me twice).
So what?
The large experimental groups, such a Atlas at the LHC are aware of the possibility that experimenters are sometimes influenced by their expectations of ex0erimental results. For this reason, these groupse do their analyses in cipher, so that the group members oare kept in ingorance of the physical meaning of the data until the code is revvealed when the
final result is announced, A solo experimenter need take no such precautions, as long as he/she does not monitor any peer-agreed expectaiions while analyzing hes/her own data. If you have reservations about the objectevity of any particular AGW advocate's conclusions, this is a good time to make that basis of your resergations known.
As far as your characterization of HUMAN NATURE is concerned, these can be the subject of systematic scientific investigation, as opposed to innuendo and/or imaginative speculation. I would suppose that a well-planned critical program could get support.
regrds,
Jack