Re: [Phys-l] "Ask Marilyn"

Sorry to all the non-newspaper readers out there. It never occurred to me that there were some who didn't see Parade Magazine every week. I've never been near a newspaper that doesn't carry Parade, so it just wasn't on my radar that everyone wouldn't be able to see it.

Unfortunately, they don't include her current column on the Parade web site so I couldn't get a link to the column, but Pete Lohstreter has posted the questions, most of which I would have taken as a joke, if the had not been introduced by this rather inane paragraph:

"Some of my reader's questions would confound the Oracle of Delphi! Here's a selection of recent unanswerable ones worth pondering anyway."

Look at the questions that Pete posted and tell me why the "world's smartest person" should find any of them unanswerable. Inane? Maybe. Ignorant? Probably. But unanswerable? Not likely.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
mailto:hugh@ieer.org