Re: [Phys-l] "Ask Marilyn"

I read the Wall Street Journal daily - have not seen a "Parade Magazine". I went to the website but could not find the questions.

Bob at PC

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Anthony Lapinski [Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org]
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:19 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] "Ask Marilyn"

Might be helpful if you posted the questions as I bet many of us don't
read newspapers any more. I did like reading her column in the Sunday
papers.

Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu> writes:
Did anyone see the "Ask Marilyn" column in this week's Parade
Magazine? I used to always tell my students that there are no dumb
questions, but this week she proved me wrong with a sample of 10 of
the dumbest questions I have ever heard. What was even dumber, was
her statement that they were unanswerable. Most of them were so
trivial that they should be answerable by any adult who completed
grammar school.

I'll admit that I might have trouble keeping from laughing if I was
on the receiving end of any of them, and I'll admit that a couple of
them would require a minute or two to think about how to answer them,
but unanswerable? I don't think so.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell