Re: [Phys-l] What comes first, the equation or the explanation?

On 2011, Dec 23, , at 17:51, John Clement wrote:

But this doesn't address the question. The cited evidence is not for a
driven pendulum. Notice the amplitude changes and nothing has been said
about the period. I think rereading the question is in order.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Which reminds me that the period changes w/ amplitude, so I must do some more cogitating.

In the case of a clock the escapement automatically "changes" to keep the drive in resonance.

bc thanks J.C. for indirectly reminding me.