Re: [Phys-l] unusual areodynamics

The high speed backwards flight is particularly revealing evidence for the active attitude stabilization. Maneuvers towards the ground look like the operation of default hands off stabilization. I think that idea started out as a beginner's aid - "if everything goes pear-shaped, just let go", - in stab augmented flight
but got co-opted into stunt flight.

Brian W