Re: [Phys-l] Coriolis effect puzzlement

On 2011, Dec 02, , at 11:50, Paul Nord wrote:

That one's got Mythbusters written all over it!

On Dec 2, 2011, at 1:33 PM, John Denker wrote:

A skater stands way off center on a rotating ice rink, partaking only of the
platform motion, and holding weights in her outstretched hands.
If she brings in her arms, will she begin to spin about her platform
position?

1) That is a nice clarification of the question.

2) The answer is undoubtedly yes.

Done, but were's the video?