Re: [Phys-l] [Electric potential of charged spheres

Well, John argued that the total capacitance of the two spheres in contact (or near each other) would be less than the sum of the two spheres individually. I presumed that it might actually be greater because the two-sphere system "looks like" a much larger single sphere (to a very rough approximation). If John is correct, the voltage is between 5V and 10V. If I'm correct, the voltage is less than 5V.

John used larger words than I did. I'll go with his answer. But I might need to test this one.

Paul