Re: [Phys-l] one of my students emailed this to me this morning. anyone have any good answers?

I heartily recommend this book as well.

VERY accessible to a motivated teenager.

There were many other books like this one in the Penguin series that were peddled in Science Museums in the '50's - '60s.

Francis Bitter's book on magnets comes to mind.
.