Re: [Phys-l] Gravitons

My totally baseless suspicion is that space/time itself is quantized and will provide the missing link.
.
At 2:06 PM +0000 11/9/11, Rauber, Joel wrote:
I'm not sure how this fits into the discussion given below; and I don't think it contradicts anything.

But I believe that it is still the case that no one has offered up a self-consistent quantum theory of gravity in the "usual" sense of QFT (standard quantum field theory). Some string theories are believed (shown?) to be quantizable in a self-consistent manner.

While this may not change the opinion that scenario A is preferable (in the sense of community consensus indicating that it is the most likely situation); it does provide some basis for believing that nature may provide more interesting physics along the lines of scenario B.

Comments offered up for discussion and criticism.

Joel