Re: [Phys-l] Federally mandated homework

On 4 Nov 2011 at 3:58, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

In a different vein entirely, I found it amusing tonight to see an advocacy group on the news promoting the idea that we give out too much homework to students and that it either should be eliminated or limited to one hour per night for all their courses - total.

This goes back to my earlier statement that the educational system will not show much improvement
until the Amercian culture truly values learning (not education, but learning) and understands what is
required for one to learn.