Re: [Phys-l] circular motion FBD

On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

I am envisioning that the walker lifts and extends a foot, and then lowers
it to the ground with a backward swing, so as to push off from the ground.

That's not how I walk. Sounds more like sprinting to me. In walking, the forward foot hits the ground WHILE the rear foot is pushing backward. In sprinting, each foot-fall marks the end of a brief period of "flying."

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona