Re: [Phys-l] TV technology, the World Series and physics

Yeah, I simply wanted to point out how cool it was to see the IR video of a baseball colliding with a bat producing a temperature increase in the ball. Physicists....sigh....always looking for a problem to solve.

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Anthony Lapinski
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 6:17 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] TV technology, the World Series and physics

This has been an interesting topic. I brought up apples (field size),
and
the discussion moved to oranges (weather, crowds). I have learned some
new
things. Let's move on to more important ideas -- physics education.
Thanks
for all the contributions.

Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu> writes:
Perhaps we could go further and require that all players be within a
certain height and weight range so one team could not get a physical
advantage over another. Spectators should be barred from the park and
have to watch the game on a big screen in a nearby auditorium so there
is
no "home field crowd" advantage.

Bob at PC

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu