Re: [Phys-l] stagnant air?

On 2011, Oct 20, , at 10:20, John Denker wrote:

On 10/20/2011 08:39 AM, Bill Nettles wrote:
I might create some tell-tales and stick them on the screen just to
be sure that it wasn’t an extreme surface tension effect.

Good idea. Tell-tales will indeed tell the tale.
I guarantee it will be interesting.

I posted this before. Since the drops stick out they will not be part of the stagnent zone just above the screen over all. So your zone is different. I suggest you also try how my HS physics teacher, a "Spit" pilot in the Battle for Britain, won a bet. He claimed a stagnent zone over the wings. He powdered a wing (talc?). The powder was still there when he returned from the "op".

I add to JD w/ the suggestion you use varying length tales.

bc used the tell tale on his mast to ensure he wasn't about to "jibe", a dangerous maneuver.