Re: [Phys-l] [PTSOS] anvil and sledgehammer inertia demo

Those, below, contrary to the subject are not inertia demonstrations, but pressure ones. Cf. spike heels or track shoes and snow shoes. I on rereading understand David and likely Dennis understood this, so my comment changes to: Illustrating two effects in one demo. is likely not heuristic, or good pedagogy.

bc recalls the sign at the entrance of the cork floored auditorium at the Stoke on Trent College of Further Education: No spike heels.