Re: [Phys-l] Galileo was wrong

Greetings,

There was an article in Physics Today a few years ago that I think
would be quite relevant to this conversation. The Copernican Myths,
by Mano Singham. The December 2007 issue, pp. 48-52. He presents
some very good arguments (I thought) as to why Lutherans actually had
more problems with Copernicus than Catholics, and how people argued
against Copernicus more from physical grounds than theological ones.

What did you all think about the article?

Yours,
--
Donald Smith
Guilford College Physics Department