Re: [Phys-l] Galileo was wrong

bc,
Its not a hoax. The conference has been mentioned here in South Bend. If you look at Dean's page you will see that the organizers make a point of it being near Notre Dame. I suspect the two reason's for that are one that ND is not catholic enough for the organizers and for years one of the world experts on Galileo and the church ran the History of the Philosophy of Science Program at Notre Dame. I think it is bait to get some press. Most of us here don't plan to take the bait. Besides they want $50 to attend, and I'm not interested in contributing to a diatribe by right wing types.

joe

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of Physics
Co-Director
Northern Indiana Math Science and Engineering Collaborative
574-276-8294
inquirybellina@comcast.net