Re: [Phys-l] H. Sapiens

"... life-styles that lend themselves a reasonable level of human dignity."

I assume the answer to (2) is a smaller number than the answer to (1)

Not if one is Catholic or of similar belief!

bc

It scares me as well. IMHO, population policy (and every country has a policy even if it is simply laissez faire) should be based on the answer to two questions (1) what is the carrying capacity of the planet (2) and what is the carrying capacity of the planet consistent with life-styles that lend themselves a reasonable level of human dignity.

I assume the answer to (2) is a smaller number than the answer to (1)

Joel Rauber, Ph.D
Professor and Head of Physics
Department of Physics
South Dakota State University