Re: [Phys-l] "unlearning"

Used his pulse while sitting in church watching a candelabra swing after being set in motion when initially lit.
Noted that the period remained 'the same' as the amplitude decreased.

SO - was his pulse speeding up or slowing down as the service progressed.
(Question for questioning students)

another question might be to to estimate how large an angle might be expected for such a pendulous candelabra.
(I would expect it to be WELL in the range of 'small angles'.
But my days of such lighting are well behind me)

All in all - a FINE way to spend time if one feels the urge to attend such services.