Re: [Phys-l] "Unlearning"

Perhaps she teaches that a simple pendulum's period is a function of its length,
or of its length and mass and arc,
or its length and mass and arc and temperature,
or length, mass, arc, temperature, atmospheric density,
or of the local value of g and length, mass, temperature,arc, humidity, atmospheric density,
or of g, length,arc, mass, temperature, air density, support rigidity, and a few other variables....
Supposing (as I do) that the array of insights brought to bear on a model are intended to suit the audience?

Brian W