Re: [Phys-l] "Unlearning"

Did you read John's article?

bc wonders if Ann teaches the pendulum is isochronous.

On 2010, Sep 09, , at 15:45, Ann Reagan wrote:

Re: Comment: "Why do HS teachers insist on teaching what must be unlearned?"

You mean, why teach things we all KNOW are wrong, like F = ma or P = mv? Or why teach that thermal expansion is linear , or that air obeys the ideal gas law? Perhaps because in a wide range of important cases, it gives a useful working approximation that describes the world in which we live.

Dr. Ann M. Reagan
Adjunct Faculty
Department of Math/Physics/Engineering
College of Southern Maryland, Leonardtown Campus