[Phys-l] AVAILABLE - Resources for AP Physics B and General Physics

Greetings Folks,

I had introduced the 2010 Editions of my AP* Physics B and general physics resources during the past summer. In case you missed my email because of being away on vacation I am posting the info again.

I am particularly encouraged by the fact that among those who ordered the 2010 Editions of these resources, there are quite a few teachers who had been using the older editions of these books.

I have learnt from the feedback that the AP Physics B Handbook has been particularly helpful for beginning AP Physics B teachers.

HANDBOOK FOR AP Physics B:

AP Physics B Handbook and the accompanying Instructor's Manual are meant as valuable resources for the students and teachers of the AP Physics B Course. The contents are written keeping in mind the College Board Syllabus. I have developed this material over a period of 19 years of my teaching this course at the Indiana Academy. New teachers as well as experienced teachers at the Academy and many other high schools have successfully utilized these books in their classes.

The Handbook has 62 chapters. Each chapter has

* Concise explanation of concepts
* Numerous detailed Illustrations and pictures
* Relevant equations with explanations
* Numerical data needed to solve problems.
* Every chapter includes a section 'Some Interesting Facts and Figures'. This information provides historical and real life relevance to the topic at hand
* Free Response problems with increasing level of difficulty up to or little above the difficulty level of the AP Exam questions.
* Multiple choice questions at or a bit above the level of difficulty of the AP Exam.
* Answers to the odd numbered problems.
* A large chapter at the end for review just before the exams.

INSTRUCTOR'S MANUAL for the AP Physics B Handbook has complete solutions for FR problems and MC questions in the AP Physics B Handbook.

PHYSICS DEMOS AND HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES for Grades 8-12 on shoestring budget!
* 130 FUN & EASY DEMOS
* 35 HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES
* 130 BRAINTEASER PUZZLES WITH SOLUTIONS
* HYSTERICAL SCIENCE FUNNIES
* PHYSICS NOBEL LAUREATES 1900 - 2009
* AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

*AP is a trademark of the College Board.

~ Hasan Fakhruddin
Instructor of Physics
The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306