[Phys-l] Sometimes The Facts Don't Matter

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128490874

This is a transcript of Talk of the Nation about people facing facts
and entrenching themselves in their beliefs and preconceptions. It is based
in politics but wouldn't the same hold true for our Physics Students. I have
experienced students who see some demonstration and explain it fairly
accurately and then asked the next day to explain a similar situation and
preconceptions win out again. Just thought it would be an interesting read
for some.