Re: [Phys-l] Bermuda Triangle

John Clement wrote:
Perhaps this web site has something to say on the subject.

http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/Bermuda%20Triangle.html

Randi has worked with physicists to expose hoaxes, and until some writers
managed to make a killing on the story, nobody considered the Bermuda
Triangle to be that much more dangerous than many other areas. /snip/
John M. Clement
Houston, TX
I hate to be put in the position of disagreeing with a stage magician but I consider the short passage from Florida to the Carribbean to be dangerous, if undertaken lightly. This opinion seems to be shared by other sailboat sailors, who will wait at Florida patiently for the wind to shift to the southerly quadrants so as to avoid the prospect of ugly chop from wind opposing current. All this despite counter examples featuring row-boats, jetskis etc. making the passage .
(A row-boat has rowed the Atlantic after all...)

I am not at all sure where the airplane losses fit in this discussion.

Brian W