Re: [Phys-l] Glass's "The Fate of Public Education in America"; an Alternate View

"they underpay teachers"?

Why so incredulous? Most college and university faculty don't work at the ivies. My wife, a tenured associate professor and department chair at a large state university, makes less than the high school teachers in our town -- and I certainly don't believe them to be overpaid.

David Craig

<http://web.lemoyne.edu/~craigda/>