Re: [Phys-l] Glass's "The Fate of Public Education in America"; an Alternate View

How about the lowly support staff? I was offered 20% more w/o references (just believed my position as a lab. mgr. w/ a PhD.) as an entry engineer in Si Valley. ca 1989)

Likely fortunately I didn't take it, as just before one of the early bubbles bursts.

bc