Re: [Phys-l] how to prove relativity

The cause of my disbelief, and presumably yours too, was the suggestion that taking a
"PC clock" up a mountain then comparing with a stay at home PC was a viable relativity test.
The URL makes it clear that it was just a couple of portable caesium clocks that the commentator just happened to have round the house, suited to a vacation trip (Yeah right!)

Still, I expect there are many less worthy sidelines that the tax payer is funding....

Brian W

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
Still no way.

Relativity

Satellite clocks are slowed by their orbital speed but sped up by their distance out of the Earth's gravitational well.
/snip/