Re: [Phys-l] Solar panel circuit

I'm using a dim witted connection to the internet and thought I'd sent this yesterday. I'll then read JD's post.

-----------------------

Ignore it -- Just use a GFI for safety -- they don't require a ground.

bc

p.s. that light lites up when the ground (green wire) is not connected to the common (white wire). It doesn't detect wether the ground is physically grounded, i.e. to the water pipe or rod stuck in the ground (earth).

(4) -------------------------- (bare Cu) (green on plug)

2 and 4 connected at the meter box.

1=> 3 = 220 V. ; 1 = > 2 , and 3 => 2 each 110 V. White is connected to the green (bare Cu in romex) at the meter box and to a water pipe or better a big long rod stuck in the ground (earth)

I've skimmed this. It agrees w/ me.

http://www.misterfixit.com/hotnot.htm