Re: [Phys-l] lens combinations

Yup; you are.

I was planning to offer to scan or photo. my reference for you and, lo and behold, found one of the authors offers it free:

http://spie.org/etop/1991/389_1.pdf

Very similar to "my" text (Nussbaum and Phillips, Contemp. Optics for Scis. and Engs.

bc

p.s. aspheric mirror fortran program included; spherical not (too easy?)

And also, inter alia,

http://scitation.aip.org.oca.ucsc.edu/getpdf/servlet/GetPDFServlet?filetype=pdf&id=AJPIAS000047000004000351000001&idtype=cvips

[AJP 47 351 (1979)] Same author (Advanced geometric optics on a programmable pocket calculator)

All this is a bit old, i.e. 1977.

Your copy:

9780131701830: Contemporary Optics for Scientists and Engineers - AbeBooks - Nussbaum, Allen;Phillips, Richard A.: 0131701835

The AJP review of the book:

http://scitation.aip.org/getpdf/servlet/GetPDFServlet?filetype=pdf&id=AJPIAS000045000010001012000001&idtype=cvips&prog=normal