Re: [Phys-l] backwards units : entrenched usage

I think the rational is the units are being used as measurements.

e.g. HP as power; RPM as rotational speed; A as current; V as EMF**; Hz as frequency, etc.

This is why, if I ever teach, I'll use such terms as meterage for length, poundage for mass, etc.

I used e-potential until JD pointed out some emf's were not PD's (when from a magnetic source).

bc refuses to use the word voltage and is ancient.