Re: [Phys-l] Feynman's messenger lectures now available

I thought most (haven't met one that didn't) texts discuss ray tracing. Is it too much of a leap from the previous to have a good idea what happens? (The texts, I believe, also discuss the non-lin. eye's response.)

bc discovered his not so nonlinear

p.s. I covered the top half of a projection lens (Kodak diapositive projector) and the field did not darken uniformly, but one would expect uniformity only in the position where one places a stop. The final lens was set back in the barrel, also. I tried another lens w/ the last lens at the mouth of the barrel; rather good uniformity. Finally covering half the lens (two stops; 1/4 transmission) produced much darkening! One quarter was much less, but noticeable.