Re: [Phys-l] Feynman's messenger lectures now available

Referring to a previous post -- I think JC is missing Bill G's point.. He wouldn't necessarily learned much from the lectures, but fascinated would'a changed his major and then learned. Also referred -- if lectures fascinate and therefore, motivate then they've done their job -- the learning will come from section, the text, lab., etc.

Finally the definition of bright kid is if (s)he learns from lectures!

bc

BTW, I taught one semester of HS Chem. (second semester) to a small class (ten?) At the end I found no one had even cracked the text -- several said they got it all from my lecture. My non-inflated grading was only one C rest B's and A's. (this was their elective class.)