Re: [Phys-l] Can Anyone Find a Solution For This Equation?

In a message dated 5/13/2010 3:56:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
flutzpah@yahoo.com writes:

x = -1/k_2 * W(-k_1 * k_2) , where W(m) is the "Lambert W product-log
function" -- _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_log_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_log)

Thank you. We also came to this conclusion on Vic Stenger's list, that
there is no algebraic solution to this and you have to expand out the Lambert
W series to get a numerical result.

Bob Zannelli

As a species, we are forever sticking our fingers into the electric socket
of the Universe to see what'll happen next. It's a trait that'll either
save us or kill us, but by god it's what makes us human beings. I'd rather be
in the company of people who look at Mars than people who contemplate
humanity's navel -- other worlds are better than fluff. ~~Sir Terence David
John Pratchett