Re: [Phys-l] refraction question

On 2010-04-23, at 1:53 PM, Spagna Jr., George wrote:
I assume that this happens when watching television? How about in "real" life? Do you see this effect, say, in sunlight with live subjects?

I suspect what you are seeing is a different sensitivity in each eye to the RGB colors on the monitor, with your brain "trained" to balance the two eyes in normal lighting.

You might be right -- I've always noticed the effect while watching TV, but that's just because when I watch TV I remember there is an effect. I'll try it out on real people this weekend.

Mike

---
Michael Porter
Colonel By Secondary School