Re: [Phys-l] Whistling at 2.4 atm

Bring w/ him various whistles and musical instruments including those requiring embrasure and those not (have a built in fipple).

bc

On 2010, Mar 31, , at 12:32, Folkerts, Timothy J wrote:

I assured him that the lack of N2 probably isn't a factor and
suggested that he try changing things like the size of the lip
pucker, volume of the mouth, speed of the wind etc.

Any other suggestions for a fellow curious soul to try??

As an experimentalist, I would suggest trying to keep whistling.
Presumable there is a relatively slow ramp up to 2.4 ATM so he should be
able to whistle at 1 ATM and then see how the sound changes. Along the
way he could adjust the technique to see what works and what doesn't.

Tim Folkerts