Re: [Phys-l] outdoor experiments

This months AJP has an article comparing theory and high speed video of the 2 liter bottle water rocket. The measured launch g's are considerably higher than predicted (with simplistic equations-of course).

They stick with a 50% fill ratio. I'm not convinced that 50% is optimum.
I prefer a release mechanism that allows for reproducible pressures as well.