Re: [Phys-l] Burning wood... was Glaze Ice

The prob. is we no longer live in the frontier where ones actions little affected others. A not so small, and, unfortunately, rapidly growing number of people are draining the resources of the community. Therefore, it believes it may impose restrictions, such as taxing smoking, outlawing it in public places, outlawing fireplaces (take note bc), removing soft drink machines from schools, requiring posting nutritional data on food(?), etc. I recently read that v. ~ 1/3 of our medical bill is due to bad behaviour, i.e. smoking and obesity. If everyone unsubsidizedly paid for their medical care, OK. but few do.

bc has stage one emphysema.

p.s. I don't think Bob wishes to go back the the 18/19th cent. US frontier. And Bob can still purchase those artery clogging type 2 diabetes inducing doughnuts.