[Phys-l] Project Physics Orbit of Mars books

Dear COlleagues: IF any of have the ORbit of Mars booklets that go with the Project Physics labs and are not using them or have extra copies please send me whatever copies you can spare. THese are paperback booklets that have black and white pictures of the Mars taken over a period of time. I will be glad to pay for mailing costs. You can not buy these anymore and they are hard to find. So if anyone has these please send them to me at the address below:Frank CangeSouthwestern Illinois College2600 Carlyle AveBelleville,Il 62221Thanks in advance!

Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:46:26 -0600
From: betwys1@sbcglobal.net
To: haar@physics.arizona.edu; phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Glaze Ice

Roger Haar wrote:
/snip/ The electrician found
it was on the electric companies wires. They came out in
the evening and made an immediate temporary fix. They were
concerned about equipment ( for example, a refrigerator)
damage from low voltage.

Thanks
Roger Haar
Interesting observation on that fridge compressor load.
It's 'lumpy'.
I noticed that a small generator could easily leave a freezer compressor
motor stalled until it switched off, if the generator sagged much under
load. (Lighting in circuit would stay dimmed for about 30 seconds,
rather than a second or so...)

I suppose that this is a reason for electrical economizer gadgets aimed
at fridges and freezers: the starting power must be adequate, but the
running power can easily be stepped down...

Brian W