Re: [Phys-l] Glaze Ice

I reported a year ago (or two) that our washer motor wouldn't attain the speed necessary to switch from the starter mode to synchronous. So I found the emf only about 90+? V. I then checked at the circuits box and found the common open. PG&E had to replace the line from the power pole. Fortunately, there was enuf load (and not too much!) on the other leg, so the motor was powered sufficiently for me to hear the problem.

bc