Re: [Phys-l] Glaze Ice

That's std. for in concrete slab floors and from the supply, underground here in CA.

bc supervised the laying of a slab over his heating ducts and colleague's wiring the only time he was a house construction worker.

p.s. PEX has now replaced PVC for water; easier to use. However,! There's a toxicity (or was) issue:

http://calpipes.org/ProtectingCalifornians_PEX.asp

Our contractor replaced most of our plumbing w/ PEX, fortunately, we drink and cook from our reverse osmosis system.