Re: [Phys-l] Glaze Ice

PVC conduit seems to be a good substitute.
You see big rolls of it along the highway when optical fiber or such is being installed.
The electrician running power to my shop glued up 20 ft. sections thru which we pulled the three wires.
L1, L2 and ground each insulated with 'standard' 600 volt plastic.