Re: [Phys-l] Glaze Ice

Hi,

I know of a case the the underground conduit to the house was damaged during the backfill process. A number of years later the common (from the transformer's center tap) developed a fair amount of resistance. This created odd happenings in the house, like unusually dim lights, unless other lights were on.

When the home owner described the lights to me, I suggested he call an electrician immediately. The electrician found it was on the electric companies wires. They came out in the evening and made an immediate temporary fix. They were concerned about equipment ( for example, a refrigerator) damage from low voltage.

Thanks
Roger Haar

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
That describes what I remember when some workers were splicing in for a house. Now I suppose they have a substitute for the lead.

bc