Re: [Phys-l] Glaze Ice

I'm not certain which I'd rather, Underground is worse out here.

bc has lived thru at least three not so minor quakes.

On 2010, Feb 02, , at 16:10, Hodges, Laurent [PHYSA] wrote:

Thirty years ago, soon after we built our passive solar home in Ames, Iowa, our municipal electric utility offered homeowners in our area to put the electric lines (then on poles) underground, for $300 per homeowner. We all jumped at the chance, and have never had the problem with ice other communities (or other parts of Ames) have. I think this is common in many new developments these days, and would recommend it highly.