Re: [Phys-l] MIT world video, "Teaching the Second Law"

The thing that is really infuriating is that nobody mentioned any research
on teaching thermo. There is research on this, and there is even a TCI
Thermo Concept Inventory. I have found articles about the TCI.

I doubt that a traditional physicist would actually do a better job. Some
of the panelists did express the opinion that they achieved better
understanding, but there was no data to back it up, so the opinion could be
an illusion.

I have not quite finished the video, but after I do finish it, I might have
to revise my opinion, but I really doubt it. There are even engineering
educators who are working in the TCI, but that sort of thing does not seem
to have penetrated most engineering professors.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX