Re: [Phys-l] Landau on Lagrangian

Reminds me of a term for writing down a datum, in legalese:
"Recordation..."

One is tempted to cf with "playbackation"
(which I should say is a word of my own devising.)

Brian W

curtis osterhoudt wrote:
/snip/... he uses terms we probably wouldn't use today, such as (on page 55) "ignoration of coordinates", which are, of course, coordinates which don't have to enter into the problem because of constraint forces. That's a GREAT term for it.
Down with categorical imperative!
flutzpah@yahoo.com