Re: [Phys-l] fire pistons

If, like me, you often have humid days that make it difficult to get your fire piston to light a small scrap of toilet tissue, try flash paper. It's available from magic supply stores and works really well.
DO NOT however do what I did and use close to a square centimeter of it. Ten square millimeters is about the maximum you need to use, a hundred blows up the piston and the protective tube.
Got to love safety shields and goggles, be safe,
cheers,
David