Re: [Phys-l] T dS versus dQ

Is this a "good" experiment:

A well insulated cylinder with a low thermal mass and conductivity piston. The top of the piston's con rod, instead of a handle, has a weight cup. (included P and T sensors)

Trial A; continuously and slowly add small weights 'till the V is, say, 1/10 the original.

Trial B dump the weights in all at once (a single weight = in mass to the above ones)

discussion: P and T and from the discussion S will differ, but the work mgh will be the same.

Is this experiment at least qualitatively possible and instructive?

bc prays he's not all wet here.

p.s. in lit. searching the Clément and Desormes experiment, I discovered Clément married his friend and colleague's daughter and became Nicolas Clément-Desormes